School Closure Information
School Closure Procedure
The school will close if:
- The site is deemed to be unsafe for students and staff
- There is an insufficient number of staff available to supervise students
In addition, the school will monitor the travel conditions carefully. School buses may contact the school to inform us that they have to collect students early. Should this be the case, we will publish this information on our school website. Parents/carers can also view all school closures by visiting http://www.kentclosures.co.uk/
Parents and carers may deem it necessary to collect their child from school early due to poor travel conditions in their local area. They should inform reception that they wish to collect their child and should ensure that their child signs out at student support before leaving the site. We would ask that parents do not contact students directly by mobile, as this tends to set off a chain reaction amongst students.
Our general procedure is as follows:
- If closure is deemed necessary before the start of the school day:
- We will publish our school closure details on http://www.kentclosures.co.uk/. This will trigger Kent radio stations (KMFM, Radio Kent, Heart FM) to broadcast these details at regular intervals.
- We will also publish this information on our school website.
- Please note that the radio stations do not want schools to inform them if they are actually staying open. Please also note that the school will not display a message to say it is open.
- We will inform bus companies in case of school closure and they may also publish this information.
- We will text all staff to inform them of the closure.
- If closure is deemed necessary during the course of the day:
- If we are closing the school fully, we will publish this information on our school website, and on http://www.kentclosures.co.uk/
- If school buses are collecting students early, we will also publish this information on our school website.
- Parents are required to telephone the school if they wish to collect their child early due to poor travel conditions in their local area.
- Students will be required to sign out at student support when they leave the site.
- Students are able to remain at school supervised until the end of the school day or such time as the parents and carers are able to collect them, provided that it is safe to do so.