Learning Support Assistant
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to join our growing SEN department from September 2020. This is a one year fixed term contract which will be reviewed alongside funding at the end of the first year. The successful candidate will be required to work term time plus one week during the summer holiday period. The post can be full or part time and working hours will be agreed upon appointment.
We are looking for candidates with:
- experience in supporting students with SEN in particular ASC/ADHD, within the secondary education environment
- experience of working with student’s barrier to learning with dyslexia
- well-organised and resilient
- ability to think ‘outside of the box’
- a genuine interest and sensitivity towards children as individuals
- the skills needed to engage children in effective learning
- a positive outlook, patience and a sense of optimism, with the ability to be flexible in order to meet children’s needs
- the ability to work effectively as part of SEN department and the whole school team to ensure consistent approaches
- good level of education
We aim to:
- provide excellence in education outcomes for all children
- provide inclusion for all
- develop independence and self-advocacy
- help children develop socially, emotionally and personally
The working hours are to be between 15 and 35 hours per week, 39 weeks per year (currently term time plus one week during the summer holidays). The post will be paid at KR4 (pro-rata to salary £18,129 – 19,239).
Annual starting salary for 35 hours per week is £14,750.50
Annual starting salary for 20 hours per week is £8,428.85
Annual starting salary for 15 hours per week is £6321.64
Please can applicants state on their application the working hours preferred.
Should you have any questions please contact Mrs Elaine Wall (H.R. Manager), firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Mid-day on Wednesday 8th July 2020. Please note we do not accept CVs.
The selection process will take place in accordance with the Government's current social distancing guidelines.
Please click HERE to apply