September 2019 Entry
The Simon Langton Girls’ Grammar is a mixed Sixth Form. A long standing pillar of the community, we have a history of academic excellence and a tradition of sending our students to the best colleges, institutes and universities worldwide.
At Simon Langton Girls’ Grammar, we challenge our students to go beyond the confines of the A-Level syllabus and enrich their intellectual and cultural understanding of the world through the ‘’Langton Extended Curriculum’’.
As part of the ‘’Langton Family’’, our Sixth Form students benefit from the exceptional level of care that we provide and take on leadership responsibilities to make a valued contribution to the vitality and character of the community.
Our school motto, "Meliora Sequamur" (let's aim for better things) underlines our 800 year-old tradition of commitment to excellence and our belief that we are lifted up and borne aloft by the understanding gained by those who have gone before us.
Admission to the school
The admissions criteria for the Sixth Form are as follows:
- Students should study 3 or 4 A Level subjects, an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) and take part in the Intellectual Vision and Endeavour (IVE) Programme as part of the Langton Extended Curriculum.
- Students should achieve eight GCSE passes in full courses at grade 9 – 5 (A* - C in unreformed GCSE subjects), including Mathematics and English Language.
- Students should achieve a Grade 7 (A) or better to guarantee a place on his or her chosen course and a Grade 6 (B) means that a student may be accepted on to the course.
- Students should achieve a Grade 7 7 in Dual Science and a Grade 6 in Maths to study Science A levels.
- Students who have not studied a subject at GCSE and who wish to take up that subject at A level will be talked to on a case by case basis.
- Students who have studied non-GCSE qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Course offer and the Extended Langton Curriculum
Further details regarding course offer, subject specific entry criteria, course content, examination boards, the EPQ, the IVE Programme and the Wednesday afternoon programme can be found under the Sixth Form tab.
All applications to Simon Langton Girls’ Grammar should be made via UCAS Progress by Thursday 28th February 2019.
All applicants who receive an offer of a place at Simon Langton Girls’ Grammar will be invited in for a meeting with a member of the Senior Management Team.
Key dates 2018 - 2019
- Thursday 31st January 2019 – Sixth Form Open Evening. 5:45pm – 8:15pm. Presentations at 5.45 and 7.00 pm
- Monday 1st and Tuesday 2nd July 2019 – Induction Days. 8:45am – 3:25pm
- Thursday 24th August 2019 – Enrolment Day at Simon Langton Girls’ Grammar Sixth Form. 9:30am – 2:30pm