Sixth Form Dress Code
It is essential that you adhere to the dress code. A copy of the contract is pinned up outside the Head of Sixth Form’s office. School is a learning environment and therefore a place of work.
- Shorts, skirts and dresses should be at least mid-thigh length.
- Low cut trousers, shorts or necklines are not permitted.
- Clothing should ensure that underwear is not visible.
- Strapless tops, strappy tops and vest tops are not permitted.
- Clothing should ensure that midriffs are covered.
- The wearing of a hat in school is not permitted.
- Flip flops and high heels are not permitted.
The positive atmosphere of our sixth form is important to all of us, and the sixth form team do not want to spend time on uniform infringements. However, if you do infringe this code, your parents will be contacted and you may be sent home for repeated issues.
Should any concerns regarding dress or appearance arise, the Head of Sixth Form and / or the Sixth Form Pastoral Manager will address the concern raised with the student. The Head of Sixth Form and the Sixth Form Pastoral Manager have the final say on issues of dress and appearance.