2020 Entry - Admission Process
Admission to the school
The admissions criteria for the Sixth Form are as follows:
- Students should achieve eight GCSE passes in full courses at grade 9 – 5, including Mathematics and English Language.
- Students should achieve a Grade 7 or better to guarantee a place on his or her chosen course and a Grade 6 means that a student may be accepted on to the course.
- Students should achieve a Grade 7 7 in Dual Science and a Grade 6 in Maths to study Science A levels.
- Students who have not studied a subject at GCSE and who wish to take up that subject at A level will be able to discuss and explore this as a possibility on a case by case basis.
- Students who have studied non-GCSE qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Further details regarding course offer, subject specific entry criteria, course content, examination boards, the Langton Extended Curriculum and the Careers Curriculum can be found under the Sixth Form tab.
All applications to Simon Langton Girls’ Grammar should be made via Kent Choices by Saturday 28th February 2020.
All applicants who receive an offer of a place at the Langton Girls’ Grammar will be invited in for a meeting with a member of the Senior Management Team.
Key dates 2019 - 2020
Thursday 30th January 2020 – Sixth Form Open Evening. 5:45pm – 8:15pm.
- Main presentations at 5:45pm and 7pm.
- Careers Curriculum Presentations at 6:40pm and 7:35pm.
Friday 19th, Monday 22nd, Tuesday 23rd June 2020 – Pre-Sixth Induction Days. 8:45am – 3:25pm
Thursday 20th August 2020 – Enrolment Day at the Langton Girls’ Grammar Sixth Form. 9:30am – 2:30pm