2022 Entry - Admission Process
Admission to the school
The admissions criteria for the Sixth Form are as follows:
- Students should achieve eight GCSE passes in full courses at grade 9 – 5, including Mathematics and English Language.
- A Grade 7 or better is desired for a place on his or her chosen course and a Grade 6 is essential.
- Students should achieve a Grade 7 7 in Dual Science and a Grade 6 in Maths to study Science A levels.
- Students who have not studied a subject at GCSE and who wish to take up that subject at A level will be able to discuss and explore this as a possibility on a case by case basis.
- Students who have studied non-GCSE qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Further details regarding course offer, subject specific entry criteria, course content, examination boards, the Langton Extended Curriculum and the Careers Curriculum can be found under the Sixth Form tab.
All applications to Simon Langton Girls’ Grammar should be made via Kent Choices
All applicants who receive an offer of a place at the Langton Girls’ Grammar will be invited in for a meeting with a member of the Senior Management Team.